How many people have heard the term marketing automation? What about lead nurturing or customer nurturing? You may have heard these terms before and thought they are not for my business, I have a web store so why would marketing automation work for me. Marketing automation can indeed help you market to and nurture both your potential customers as well as your current customers by helping you segment and send targeted collateral to the right customer, at the right time starting as soon as they place an order in your store.
Here at VL, we have just launched a BRAND NEW service on our hosted integration cloud – marketing automation integration using both the HubSpot and Infusionsoft marketing automation software platforms. What we do in the cloud is also available for anyone who wants to run the Liaison ECS and Delta middleware on premise. But before we get into the details of our new service it is important to provide some background on HubSpot and Infusionsoft.
HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing software platform that helps over 8,000 businesses, in over 50 countries with everything from lead nurturing to blogging to social media management.
Infusionsoft offers small business sales and marketing solutions in order to help them save time and money while at the same time attracting customers and growing sales.
VL has been working with both HubSpot for many years. One thing that our web store customers, kept mentioning is that they wished there was a way to integrate their web store shopping cart data with their HubSpot or Infusionsoft marketing instance. This is where VL’s new Marketing Automation Integration service comes in. If you are a Hubspot user you have to be using Professional or Enterprise to take advantage of our service.
So, how does VL’s new service work and how can it help streamline an ecommerce business’ marketing and lead nurturing efforts? It is really quite simple. On our cloud integration platform we set up a connection to the web store API to pull customer and orders information. We then translate that data and post it to the Hubspot API or the Infusionsoft API depending on what the customer is using. Once the data is sent up to either HubSpot or Infusionsoft this in turn triggers any number of pre-set targeted lead nurturing or email campaigns on these marketing automation platforms.
To test the new service our marketing team came up with nine different scenarios that combine different customer and order data to trigger lead nurturing campaigns that were set up in HubSpot.
The scenarios included:
- Customer places an order – this triggers a confirmation and thank you email with a discount off their next purchase.
- Customer orders a combination of two specific products – this triggers an email promoting a complimentary product.
- Customer orders a combination of two products but not the products that you have been promoting on your website – this triggers an email reminding them of the promotion when you combine the other specific products.
- Customer places an order between two specific dates – this triggers an email promoting a discount on their next purchase between another two specified dates.
- Customer purchases two specific products and the total order value is equal to a set amount – this triggers an email offering a discount off their next order.
- Customer places an order for one specific item in the web store – this triggers an email promoting accessories for the purchased item.
- Customer orders an item where the product alias or simple description is equal to one specific item or colour such as ‘black shoe. – this triggers an email that promotes the purchase of another colour or style such as red shoes.
- Customer orders a product through the web store that has a specific product description and colour – this triggers an email promoting more popular items in that colour and of similar style.
- Customer places an order but NOT on a specific date – for example they have missed a sale – this triggers an email advising them of the next opportunity to save and offering them an additional % off if they place their order on that specific day.
These are just a few of the marketing automation scenarios that are possible using Hubspot and the Marketing Automation Integration service from VL. Want to learn more? Take a look at our infographic to see how the service works or give us a call to discuss what you want to achieve. Not a Hubspot or Infusionsoft user, then take a look at their platforms and solutions. Take your internet web store business to the next level!